Thursday, July 10, 2008

So....What's Next?

So....I'm coming to the end of my contract in Hong Kong. So what's next and what's in stored for us?

When I got back from Christmas vacation, the school has asked if I wanted to sign another contract with them. And was asked again at Chinese New Year. Prayed about it and talked to Babe about it and we felt that at this point of time, Hong Kong may be the place for us to stay for the moment. And life is as such, just when I said yes to the school, was asked by someone whose working in an international Christian school if I was interested in working for them. But I had to say no because we're planning to adopt and the current job that I have gives me the time with the child. Told him maybe in two years' time.

So that got me thinking about my life at time point of time. For the past two years, it has been a great experience. Sure, there were a couple of bad moments but the good overrode the bad. I've met really nice, genuine and caring people whom I can safely call them friends, you know who you are, got to know Babe a lot more since we have more time for each other, travelled more, got to see Eve last summer and will be seeing her too, got to see my cousins in California too. So overall, it has been good. Very happy with our lives in Hong Kong. Not forgetting our little Happy too.


Workwise, I'm a lot happier and at peace with myself. I know that there's no corporate ladder to climb in my job, there's no promotions and I'm not going to be a department head or anything like that but I'm happier this way. There's no competition, no situations like if I help you, what can I get out from you. But rather, colleagues are relatively nice and cooperative. Even the ones that I don't really work with. My bosses have been good and seriously, there's nothing that I'm complaining about. They are even very supportive of the adoption plan. But at the same time, I miss having relationships with the kids. It is getting a little better in that area.

So question is...what's next after my second contract? I don't know....we don't know. It's going to be up to Babe then. At this point of time, Babe has the liberty to be in Hong Kong and yet fly to Spore every month for work. And we're getting prepared at in time to come, he'll be travelling even more. I've always believed that my job or career is not the priority in our marriage. Babe's job is the priority. He's the main breadwinner, the one that brings the bacon home and I'm just the one that supplements. And if we have to move back to Spore or anything part of the world for his work, I'll go. If he has to be based in India one day, I'll go. Wouldn't mind taking a break from work for a while but obviously I'll be too bored if I'm out of work for too long. Anyway, que sera sera, whatever will be will be. I've come to a point in life that God will lead us along. No point trying to second guess what He has in stored for us.


No comments: