Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pics from San Francisco

As my time in San Francisco comes to an end, here are the pics that have been taken over the couple of the days. Had a really great time here as always. Love dropping by to see family and catching up with everyone before heading off to San Diego. Hopefully, I'll be able to drop by again next summer.

The 3 Sim cousins after brunch. Yes, me and my pink stuff. When I arrived, it was real cold and it is still cold. I always forget how cold San Francisco can get in summer.
Saw this little quaint purple house in Napa Valley which is just outside San Francisco. We stopped by this cafe opposite this house when Bruno ran in the get a coffee.
Me outside Ad Hoc Cafe in Napa Valley, yabbing on the phone with Joanne. She stayed up just to call and check on me.
Eelynn and Bruno brought me to Ad Hoc Cafe for brunch. And yes, this is the place where I had probably the best beef that I've ever eaten thus far. Think it'll be hard to beat this place. And if you know of a place that serves great organic beef, let me know. And Eelynn and Bruno, thanks for bringing me there.
Vineyards.....very similar to Margaret River in Western Australia but for some reason, I think it's much prettier and quaint here. Oh, this is after shopping when the car was just cramped with all the shopping bags. Could hardly shut the boot.
Sonoma, where we stopped for dinner. Smart Bruno, feed the Sim ladies first before getting back into San Francisco.
Some square in Sonoma. Very quaint place.
Golden Gate Bridge....and no.....not golden, it's red.
The venue where they got married. For the split second that I was in the car, I did wish that I was there witnessing my cousin getting married. And I imagined in my head the ceremony....Eelynn walking down...
Now the lookout....and if you look hard enough....you'll see Alcatraz in the ocean below.
Downtown San Francisco, when I was roaming and doing some shopping.
Sharon and me at Fishermen's Wharf. She brought me there to shop and have yummy crabs.
Sausalito, she brought me there as I mentioned to her in passing that friends have asked if I've been there.
For some reason Sausalito reminds me of Fremantle in Perth or maybe Bondi in Sydney. Not sure why.
Muir Beach....We went there on the way to Muir Woods....and boy was it freezing there!
Deer!!!! I love deer! But no....no touching...you can get some strange diesease from deer ticks, you know?
Beautiful Redwood trees....Sharon brought me there as I asked her about trees that were big enough for cars to drive through and she brought me to see them!
Yes, laugh and snigger....I'm normally not a nature person but I wanted to see these trees since I read about them when I was a kid.
Us in the tree trunk....and yup! You guessed it right, I had paranoid thoughts running in my head. For your information, these are 3 things that prevent me from going for nature walks, rambles or hiking.

1) I do not walk on grass barefooted, with slippers or no part of my feet will touch grass.
2) I do not eat in a park, forest, or under a tree as insects, worms or leaves can drop into my food.
3) I do not touch leaves. I do not deal well with leaves hitting me face. Actually, I can freak out badly if leaves hit me in the face.
So now you know why the army will never have me....And I've been thinking of starting my veggie patch....hmmm...not a good idea, huh?

Overall, it has been such a great time. Thanks cousins!!! It has just been so so great. And yes...here am I thinking...to sleep or not to sleep....I'm leaving in like less than 2 hours to the airport to get to San Diego. Afraid that I may not be able to wake up.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you! It was wonderful spending time w/ you - esp. the "shopping till we dropped" in Napa! Enjoy Little Italy in San Diego.
Love - E&B

sunniefaith said...

E & B, thanks so much for having me! Really love staying with you guys. Will find a way to come and see you guys again next summer and we can go shopping! Miss you too!

Stan said...

You make me wanna be where you are! SF....one day! *sigh* Will miss you when u r bk home. Timing coincides with the time I'll be in Kenya. Pity.

sunniefaith said...

Stan, isn't San Fran just lovely? I'm in San Diego now, it's just as nice here, but a little warmer I must say. Oh no, I'll miss you when I get back but never mind I'm pretty sure there'll always time to catch up.