Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ignorance is Bliss?

One thing that I love about California is that it's all about being natural and organic. My trip here last summer somewhat converted me to eating organically after talking to Bruno and just eating organically. During my last trip, I ate heaps and heaps and yet I realised that my body didn't feel heavy and bloated and I had regular bowel removal times and I just felt great. Didn't put on any weight. Actually, lost some from the eating and pooing.....

Eelynn lent me a book from her father in law. I took the book out today knowing that I was going to roam the city and I may want to read the book when I get my breakfast or have a coffee. Well, sure enough I had time to read bits of the book. I'm not quite there yet. Hopefully, I'll finished reading the book by tomorrow evening. I have to say, reading the book made me so so aware of what to put into my mouth and Babe's mouth. It is like a revelation. And I'm not sure if I should have started reading the book or not. Sometimes, we rather not know the truth and turn a blind eye to the toxins around us. We rather have them than to have them flushed out of our system and stop getting them. I'm referring to toxins in terms of real food and emotional shit that we have. It's always easier to ignore because by ignoring, the 'current price' to pay is cheap. There's nothing to deal with now, current or present. But in wanting to deal with the toxins now, we have to clear it out. And yes, painful, both in terms with food and emotions. With food, painful because we have to start being healthy, eating right, excerising and yes, pockets hurt too because eating organic is not cheap. With emotions, it's worse. It is always hard to let go and that's why many people rather have ignorance and have their bliss for the moment.....

But the ignorance leads to cancer....metaphorically speaking, it slows eats us away. Very slowly. Sharon told me that her cancer started possibily 2 years before she discovered it. She didn't even know it was there until she found the lump. Well, that's the thing that I've been wondering about. Do I wait till either Babe or me falls to cancer before we turn organic? Why not turn now? And it's the same with emotional stuff. Why not clear what's bugging us now and let it go? Why pretend and think everything is alright by ignoring and let the emotional cancer grow? And then like what Pastor Heng told me once, a couple decided to divorce because someone forgot to refill the empty box of tissues. Well, that was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Isn't it interesting that food is somewhat always related to emotional issues? People tend to eat way too much or stop eating when they are upset. Oh...Bruno and Eelynn brought me to Napa Valley to Ad-hoc Cafe on Sunday for brunch and I had one of the best beef that I've eaten in my life there. Ate so much, we had to eat Eelynn's portion because she doesn't eat red meat. And surprisingly, after eating, I didn't feel sick. Bruno told me that the reason why we feel sick from eating way too much meat at times is because of the toxins in the meat and it's not because of the meat. I found that interesting. And despite of eating so much of the yummy meat, I had great poos (pooed more than once) the next day. And yes, it was organic beef.....Oh...when will I ever have such great beef again.....

No comments: