Friday, December 05, 2008

Death

Yes, a morbid post. There are days that I just love being morbid and melacholic and today is just one of those days. Well, not just today. It actually started yesterday.

At assembly yesterday, the principal told us that the pastor of our school went home after battling cancer. That got me thinking a little as he has four kids. First thing that went through my head was, 'How is his wife going to support their kids?'. But then a small voice spoke, 'Woman of little faith, God will always provide.' Yes, it hit me. God always provides no matter what happens.

Today I was read about what the husband of the Singapore Mumbai victim said at a press conference and it almost brought tears to my eyes. He said that he waited all his life to marry her. Wow! Such words. I am glad that I found my soulmate, my one that is for me. But reading from what a man said of him losing his wife had me thinking and controlling my tears. The poor lady died a terrible death. They were just newlyweds and imagine the pain that poor man is going through. Will he ever be able to find another love like her. But maybe it may not matter to him as he had already found his love even though he lost her. To a certain extent, he's better off than some who never find the one or have a knack of finding the wrong ones. It was hard reading what he said. It's heartbreaking to feel his pain.

Death brings lots of emotions. As much as I know and understand, when my love ones pass on, most of them will be with the Lord. I should be rejoicing but it is hard to fill that gap, that vacuum. I wonder what will happen to me if Babe is drastically taken away from me like the poor girl. I hate to imagine that. But this is life. Isn't important to love now and have no regrets than to have regrets later? I pray and hope that this will never ever happen.

No comments: