Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Optimism

Sometime last week, one of my favouritest persons on Earth wrote about her heros on her blog. And she wrote about me being one of her heros. Sure I was flattered by it. Actually, way too flattered by it. But I wonder if I am good enough to be a hero or do I actually deserved it?

She got me thinking about what she wrote about me. Ha, I'm pretty egoistic isnt it? She wrote that I inspired her with my strength to prevail against all odds and that I taught her optimism. What she wrote was truly very nice. I didn't realised that I had such an impact in her life. We both grew up together and understanding each other far better than anyone else to a certain extent. She watched me grow and went through the difficult times in my life without once thinking it was time to walk away. I appreciate her for everything. And yes, we fulfilled our childhood wish of becoming a bridesmaid to whoever that gets married first. I got married first and she was my bridesmaid. The most beautiful one, I must say.

When she wrote that I taught her optimism, I never thought in a million years that I taught her that. To me, it's all about living my life and whenever obstacles, trials and shit gets thrown in my face, I'll take it in stride. For I know that as long as I survive it, I'll be a stronger person. And I know that God is always in control and that in Him, I can do all things. And maybe that's why it came across to her that I've taught her optimism. But then again, I'm not really an optimist. I'm a realist. I look at life and try to figure out if things can work out realistically or am I just living in a dream.

But then again, one can plan all they want in life, things do happen unexpectedly at times and there were many times that I've thrown offguard. But I'm glad to know that when I'm thrown offguard, there's always family and friends to catch me. Thanks heaps monster for being the bestest monster! Love ya heaps!

No comments: