Monday, December 15, 2008

Stocktake

I just noticed that it's already 15th of December and I've only 2 posts up this month. My posts has become a little more sporadic than I like. Well, to be honest, I've been busy.I rushing my last assignment for my class and yes, last assignment and I won't be taking any courses for a long time! Work has been a little busy recently too. But I'm enjoying it. We've got parents' day this Wednesday and so I've been working hard to get stuff ready. At the home front, all the moving and buying have finally died now. Thank God! No more moving and no more buying! Hopefully.....Our telly arrived with heater and oven. Obviously Babe loves the new telly and I love the new oven. I've not had an oven for more than 2 years and I miss roasting, baking and grilling food. Used the oven on Saturday night when we had our housewarming (will talk more about that later) and also used it to make my version of Asian sherperd's pie. Must say that Babe loved it. Didn't remember what he meant by my version of sherpherd's pie till he reminded me. Used to make that for him when we were living in Perth and also in Singapore.

So....It's getting closer and closer to Christmas. And it's always this time of the year that I start thinking of my how my life has been for the past year. Well, I wouldn't say that it had be a smooth sailing one but neither would I say it was a difficult one. Sure, there were decisions that I had to make, celebrations to be celebrated and yes, I did miss a couple of celebrations too. And of course, there were disappointments in too. But all in all, it has been a great year. And yes, as usual, I've become an aunty and will be becoming an aunty at least twice next year. Sharon's having a baby in Jan. Can't bloody wait! And yes, I'm going to be a real aunty too. Joanne's having a baby soon! Whoppeee!!!

Last Saturday, we had a housewarming and Christmas dinner at our home. It has been a long time since we hosted a dinner at home. Our past homes in HK were too small to have people up for dinner. Well, I thought that it was a success. I cooked dinner with the help of 'Brahims' and 'Prima Taste', yes, me lazy.....prepacked paste to the rescue. Had a great time hanging out with people whom I think are now my family of friends and that even includes Carmen's mum! She's a blast! She's been to my birthday BBQ and now to my home. While I was sitting there and looking at the people in our home, I was thinking, yes, some of my family of friends couldn't make it. And then, there's one or two that I guess, are not part of my family of friends and well, no loss, and then there are some which have truly become a part of my family. And I am thankful that I've met them. I stongly believe that God places people in our lives for reasons that we may or may not know. And a couple of people here in HK have really become a part of my family. They are the ones that I'll probably text first when I've great good news and they are going to be the same ones that I'll call if there's a need for a shoulder to cry on. But whatever it is, yes, I understand that I may have made wrong choices with friendships but with my friends now, I'm very glad that God gave them to me.


No comments: