Sunday, April 19, 2009

God Answers Prayers

Did You Ever Talk to God Above

Did you ever talk to God above?
Tell Him that you need a friend to love,
Pray in Jesus' name believing that God answers prayer.

Have you ever told Him all your cares and woes?
Every tiny little fear He knows,
You can know He'll always hear and He will answer prayer.

You can whisper in a crowd to Him.
You can cry when you're alone to Him.
You don't have to pray out loud to Him.
He knows your thoughts.

On a lofty mountain peak,
He's there.
Anywhere you go,
He's been there from the start.

Find the answer in His word;
It's true.
You'll be strong because He walks with you.
By His faithfulness He'll change you, too
God answers prayer.

A long while ago I copied and pasted this song in one of my posts. Today I'm doing it again to remind myself that God answers prayers.

A few weeks and months ago, Pastor Brett of the church that we're attending in HK talked about 1+1+1, praying for one person for his or her salvation at 1pm everyday for a month. Well, not always at 1pm but at least one time a day. I was praying for a friend. And this friend's salvation matters to me a lot as I love her and don't want to see her perish. Talked to her yesterday and she said something like she's been thinking about something and she's never been so affected by something that she's actually praying about it and she hasn't prayed in the longest time! My heart skipped a beat and I was like yes, go to church and get connected to God. And I said this to Babe last night, wow, God does answer prayers after all. Babe looked at me and said, what do you mean by that? God answers prayers all the time.

I was pondering and thinking about my prayer requests and sure, there are times that I'm disappointed thinking and asking myself why hasn't God answered my prayers. But then again, yes He does but not in a direct way. Guess, patience is always the key. God's timing is always right and that His ways are always higher than mine so who am I to question Him?

No comments: