Monday, January 10, 2011

The Bestest Christmas Present!

So I was at Sanatorium Hospital in Hong Kong having lunch with Dana after my LASIK procedure. After lunch, my phone rang and it was my case work for adoption. He told me that we were matched! I was so excited that I opened my eyes wide and told Dana the news. Well, I wasn't meant to open my eyes. I was too excited.

A flurry of text messages flew in and out and then was reminded again, can't read and focus too much. The next morning, I woke up bright and early, couldn't really sleep. Guess I was far too excited to meet him. It was Christmas Eve and that was the first time that we met. Totally fell in love with him. The next day at Christmas Service, I was about to cry and thank God with all my heart. But remembered, LASIK, no crying. My heart was just overflowing with joy and gladness and thanksgiving! God did what He set out to do for us. It was the best present ever. For the next week, we did the visits and hung out with him.

On the 31st of Dec, we brought him home. And....Tada....this is him! His name is Josias Noel SEET Yong En. Josias is a variant of Josiah. King Josiah was the youngest king in the bible. He restored God's Temple to its glory. His name means healed by God, supported by God. Babe chose Noel because he came to us during Christmas and it's the best present ever. Yong means forever and En means grace, put them together, it's means forever grace. Babe chose the Chinese name.

However, the adoption is not completed. We're under probation now and we're praying that this is really God's will. The adoption will be completed by the end of June and we'll be spending summer in Spore. Won't be travelling to States as we think that the journey might be too much for him. He was born on the 13th of August. Looking back at everything, we see God's hand in joining and panning everything out for us. We had to move and He found a place that has a dryer. This is probably the first apartment in HK that we have seen a dryer and the dryer has been working hard every day for us. We have more space and even with Babe's job, God really had His hand in everything.

Pray for us as we raise a young man in God's word. We don't want to be good parents. But we want to be Godly parents who listen to God and bring our son and future children in God's path. Here are some of his pics. Enjoy! Once again, thanks for all the prayers. We really appreciate it!


Our first meeting.
Second meeting and Babe mucking around with him.
Getting ready for bed and Happy wants to kiss him good night.
A happy little boy in his little bumbo! He's a good kid. He sleeps through the night. Doesn't cry much except when he's tired or hungry. Does a little vomit here and there. But overall, he's really good and we love him to bits!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Congrats on getting the best New Year present ever! :))) He's really adorable! Love to meet him when u guys are back in June.

Love,
Sheryl

sunniefaith said...

Sheryl,

Totally! Josias would love to meet you too!