Monday, January 17, 2011

Support

We're very thankful for the support and well wishes from family and friends. Support from family and friends is very important and it's more so when there's a little one in the family. And it's especially more so when we live away from family and friends.

When Josias arrived, I texted a few people and namely, family and the well wishes were quite overwhelming. I was very touched by it. Mum flew into Hong Kong on the second day Josias came home. Close friends of mine have been wanting to meet him. But sometimes it's hard because Josias kicks a mini fuss if he doesn't get home by 9ish to sleep every night. So meetings with friends have been limited to Saturday's lunches or early dinners. So ladies, sorry, will try to get Josias out to meet you soon.

When I told a couple of close friends that Josias arrived, Stanley wanted to be his godfather and of course I agreed without hesitation. I asked Eve if she would be his godma and she's totally agreed too. We were out for lunch with Pauline and she couldn't stop cuddling and carrying him and I jokingly said, well, he can be your godson and she's like, of course! It's amazing how much love and support that we're getting. Friends have been calling to congratulate and sending messages through Facebook too. This boy is so filled with love.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a school trip to Singapore and mum is leaving on Fri back to Singapore too. I was getting concerned and worried about Josias. Then a colleague gave me a number of an ex-student's mum and I called her and she readily agreed to help out. Jacqui texted and asked if I needed help and she would fly in a couple days earlier to help us out too. So Jacqui would be arriving on Sunday. Our helper's visa is processing and initially, I was worried thinking how are we going to cope in the meantime but God provided people and help. He gave us the reassurance that things would be fine. We're very thankful for everything.

Anyway, enjoy couple of pics that we're taken so far. Parenthood is a learning journey every day but every day is a little adventure in faith knowing that God, our heavenly father, would provide wisdom and providence for every thing.


Does Pauline look good with Josias. She wouldn't let him go. We almost had to pry him from her hands!
Lina aka Qiao Yun, she's my oldest and closest friend. Well, she's my cousin and so I've known her for forever. She was in HK for a holiday and well, she didn't know that he arrived till a few days before she arrived. She was super excited meeting him.
Mum and Josias having fun together. Mum loves him heaps! She has been a great help. Especially when he does his little vomit. His nickname is Vomitty Boy!
His little Baby Seat that Joanne got for us. The baby seat couldn't fit him so we put him into ours. But not that ours fit in better but he was just glad to be able to be sitting at the table with everyone.
Little Josias getting a little manicure. Yes, he does have a worried look. Well, that's expected as I nipped him the other day. Poor boy cried a little and then he was fine. So this time when cutting his nails, he was looking intently making sure that I don't nip him again. Isn't he looking just cute? Love that adorable look!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Looking forward to more pictures & updates about little Josias :)