Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life So Far

So yes, there's a shift in lifestyle. Not a major one but there's a little someone that we consider when we make our plans. It's no longer just what we like but rather how feasible would this be with little one.

For the longest time, I did what I wanted or what Babe wanted. We went to the restaurants that we liked and bought stuff that we like. And yes holidayed where we liked too. But things are kinda different now. Even meals with the ladies are fewer than before and yes, they are making the huge effort to come to Park Island. Love them for making the effort.

Last week, I was in Spore for a school trip. If Josias didn't arrive, I would have left one night earlier and came back one day later and Babe would have joined me in Spore too. He would have planned a work trip to Spore. But well, things change and it was strange being in Spore alone without Babe and going to bed without Babe too. And that was when it hit, yes, lifestyle change.

This morning, we woke up at least 4 times because Josias was crying a bit. We think he might be teething and thus the little cries. Crawled out of bed and checked and then checked and checked. I was thinking, we're giving up our sleep. And do I mind? Well, there are times I wonder would I ever be able to wake up at 7.45 anymore? And what about my Sat mornings sleep in? No more? But when I look at little Josias precious smile, it's all worth it.

There are sacrifices to be made. I understand that. And yes, there maybe times that I grumble and whinge but deep down, I can't thank God enough for sending me a little cutie. And again, I'm really thankful for the family support. Jacqui is here now and she's doing a great job with him. Can't be more thankful for them.

No comments: