Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Holidays are Finally Here!

Yes! My summer holidays officially started on Thursday evening! Ya!!!! Haven't been able to blog much as internet connection is down for the moment and I'm not going much to work as well. But it's been good. Well, everything happens for a reason. Been able to spend more time with Babe and also head back to my books.

We went to Home of Loving Faithfulness( http://www.holf.org.hk ) yesterday to see if this is the place that we're going to spend our future Saturdays and if its God's will for us to work with the kids. We left the place feeling that God does have a purpose for us in Hong Kong. Living in Singapore, I've always been too preoccupied with my life to really want to serve God in this area but coming to Hong Kong for some reasons made it a little different. While we were there, I felt drawn to this little boy, Mu Yang, from China. He's in HK for treatment, fixing his legs. For some reasons, my heart went out especially to him. Maybe God is speaking to me in His ways. We're praying for him and also for other issues with regards to kids and our time that we're going to give to HOLF. We pray that God is really leading us to spend some time with the kids there.

Tomorrow, I'll be leaving for the States for slightly more than 2 weeks. I'm going to see my cousins, Eelynn, Jolynn (hopefully) and Sharon. And I'm going to see Eve as well. Will be spending lots of my time with her. Ya! Really looking forward to the trip. Can't wait to see everyone! I know that it'll be a good time and can't wait to catch up with everyone. Will be going to San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angles and Las Vegas and hopefully Orange County as well. It'll be a big trip. I'm so excited! Just one more sleep.

After States, Babe and me will be headed back to Singapore. We're going to be catching up with family, friends and also selling our apartment as well. And importantly, Stanley's getting married!!! Ya! Attending his wedding!

This is going to be a great summer. But at the back of my head, I do wonder, where is God leading us to. We sold our flat and car in Singapore. Hong Kong is becoming our temporal home and we're looking to adopt a child here as well. What are His plans for us? We have no answer but we're going to learn and attune our years to Him and listen to His voice. Something that we're not used to, but we're learning. All in all, we want to thank God for everything.

Not sure when's the next time I'll be blogging. I'm sure along my holiday, I'll post up some nice pictures and updates. Family and friends, till we meet again, keep safe! Love you people! And Monster, Happy Birthday!

No comments: