Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Engagement

Mel and me chilling out on the junk waiting for the others to arrive.

Babe looking cool as usual.

Kim and Mel. Check out the smile of Kim's face.

The engaged couple!

Last Saturday night, we were invited by David to attend a surprise engagement party. He was going to propose to Kim and then have a party to celebrate their engagement. Must say that his plan went perfectly executed. We boarded the junk boat at Causeway Bay, sailed to South Bay Beach (don't ask me where, it was too dark for me to figure out. Think somewhere near Repulse Bay) and picked them up. And yes, it was a fabulous time! It was incredibly romantic for David to plan it all for Kim. Felt really glad to be there for the couple.

I started thinking about Babe and me. Babe never proposed to me, rather, I asked him what's next when we hit the 9 year mark. So we planned and got married. Even my engagement ring, Babe brought me to the shop to pick it up. Did I wish for a proposal? Sure, but that's Babe's style. He's not into romance, he likes being practical. I can count the number of times on one hand that he has bought me flowers. But this is him and I've long accepted him the way he is and no, I don't expect him to change. However, I love him the way he is. I fell in love with him because he's practical, love him the way he is.

No comments: