Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Singapore - 23rd Jan to 2 Feb

I have a love-hate thingy about heading back to Spore for CNY. I love CNY because I get to see most of my family and cousins. I come from a large family, or rather, dad comes from a large family and it's nice to see my uncles and aunties and cousins and just catch up with them. I got to meet up with Eelynn and Bruno, they flew in from San Francisco and my other cousins, Alwin and Aloysious. Think I probably haven't seen Alwin for like 5 or 6 years? And then, there's endless dinners that I've got to be there. I know, its strange coming from me that I do get tired from entertaining and eating. Ate so much to the point that Babe looked and went, gee, your cheeks have puffed up! And it doesn't help that Babe ate like 3 dinners a night and I was always tempted to eat! Food is just glorious in Spore.

It was also really nice heading back to Spore to catch up with cousins and friends that have kids. Its always nice to see their kids growing up hale and healthy.




This Renee, Babe's cousin, Kum Yew's daughter. She's probably about 3 months old. Really beautiful and adorable. It's hard that we missed out on her one month's party as we were in HK. Sometimes it can be hard missing out on family affairs.



This is Damien, my cousin's son. Apparently, he gets along with me. Played and carried him the whole afternoon and he didn't cry or whimper. But the day before, he cried and screamed and yelled whenever someone other than his mum carried him.

My latest friend, Gabriel. His mum is Sharon, one of my best friends in Spore. He popped in Dec so I guess he's about 5 weeks or so. He was one of the highlights of my trip back. Saw him once and had to sneak back to see him again. Just adorable!


We missed out on Pastor Heng's birthday party as we had to have dinner with Babe's family. Pastor Heng is almost like a dad to me. Well, to a certain extend, he's my spiritual father. I wouldn't have anyone else officiate my wedding!

This is Ashmund, Veron's latest addition. Very cute. I had my first experience feeding cereal to a 4 month old.

Ashwin, the kid that I told his mum, Veron, I don't mind bringing home. Very adorable. Babe had a hand in feeding him lunch, not sure if he enjoyed it. Have to say that Ashwin won my heart because he was busy keeping his toys before dragging the others out.

Me plotting and figuring out how to kidnap Ashwin home!

Overall, it was a really great trip. Got to spend time with the people that I truly missed and yes, there were others that I didn't have time to catch up with. Very glad to have caught up with Stan. It had been close to a year since I last saw him. When he got married, I was a little worried that our friendship might change since he's now a married man. But am very thankful that Dorcas, his wife understands the friendship that we have. He's my brother that constantly reminds me to seek God's will first.

It was also heartwarming visiting Sharon and seeing her with little Gabriel. She's going through life changing experience and she's taking it in her stride. I got to see Kenneth, her husband, feeding little Gabriel and am glad that he's such a hands on dad. I really wish that I had more time to spend with them. But....I'll be back!!!!

When I reached the airport this afternoon, my heart sank a little. Well, I do miss HK and wanted to get home, yes, home is here in HK now, but at the same time, I know that I'll missed out on Joanne giving birth to a little baby girl, miss out on seeing little Gabriel grow. And some of my other close friends' kids too. Will probably miss out my future niece calling out Aunty, missing out little Gabriel walking and talking. I guess this is what life basically is all about. You win some and lose some. But am thankful that I can head home to Singapore every couple of months to spend time with my family and friends. And there's always emails.....

No comments: