Sunday, February 07, 2010

The One

I was talking to Eve yesterday and she asked me about Babe and how did I know that he was the one. I told her that I knew that he was the one that I know i want to grow old with. He's the one that when I wake up, I smile and tell myself, that this is the man that I love! I told her that Babe is the one because I can imagine him being the father of my children and that when I'm old and wrinkly, I know that no matter what he'll still love me. And if I need a kidney or some liver, he'll glad give it to me. I probably can never describe his love and that's why I know that he's the one!

This morning when I went to church, the pastor mentioned Heidi Barker, a missionary who started with 80 orphans and the number swelled to probably more than 10,000 now. When the pastor asked how she does it, she says that she just think of the one more. The one more that she can help. The pastor went on giving the analogy of The Starfish. The boy was on the beach that was full of starfish. He was throwing one by one back into the water. His friend asked him,' there's so many, what difference is it going to make?' He said that the difference we make to the one, may seem small but to the one, it is significant. It was a huge encouragement to me. There have been days that I wake up and I wonder, maybe I should walk out of the adoption situation. But hearing that I realized that God was speaking to me. He wants me to do His will. To me, it was loud and clear. Do things His way and never my way.

The adoption journey has not been easy I have to say. In the beginning, even dad said how much of difference will we make? And I told him, dad, to the one that we adopt. It will make a huge difference. Now, my parents are our greatest supporters. With friends, some of my friends asked the same, why adopt? Why not just give money? But listen, it makes a lot of difference because we're obeying THE ONE which is God the Almighty and it will make a huge difference to the one that we adopt. We don't know when will God send the one to us. But whenever He sends, we're ready with open arms. And God has been good to us in maturing and leading us and showing us that time is His and He is leading us.

The One, is very personal to me. Recently, and since I'm pretty much alone at home most of the time, I do wonder at times if I am one alone by myself. However, I wake up on days knowing that I'm One, yes, One. One with the Lord God Almighty. Yes! Praise the Lord! And every morning when I get to work, I get on to msn and I am reminded again that I'm one with Babe. Yes, one with Babe even though we're miles apart. And yes, even more miles apart tonight since he's in Sydney for work. Today, it become more apparent to me that I never walk alone because He walks with me, my God walks with me!

Just as I am writing this post, I'm listening and watching a sermon video from a church that I didn't attend because I was attending another church. The speaker said, have faith of a mustard seed. A great reminder. Faith is my name. And God has a reason for my name. And the speaker said this, 'How big is your God?' And yes, my God is so big that it's beyond me! Bigger than the universal and God will walk with us holding our hands no matter it is by the river or through the valley. He's always with us.

No comments: