Saturday, February 06, 2010

Hair

So today I sat in the salon for more than five hours. Come to think of it, it's not that long, I've sat longer than five hours. Think the longest I've been in the salon was probably eight hours? And seriously, that's why I try not to go to the salon as often as I like. It's almost rare that I get my hair done in two hours. I probably go like every quarter and that's good. Anymore often, I'll probably be broke!

The visit to the hair salon almost always start with me wanting a cut and then, throw in colour and then throw in a treatment and viola, that's like a minimum of four hours sitting. And once I find myself seated in the seat, I wonder to myself, oh why, oh why? Guess, it's in the name of vanity. Haha, everyone that knows me, knows that vanity is a part of me.

Today while sitting in the chair in the salon, my chemical technician was rolling my hair in curls, I remarked to him about me having truckloads of hair. And he said that he didn't noticed it. He said that in all his years of colouring and highlighting my hair, he didn't realised it until today when I wanted a perm. And he went on saying that he's being doing my hair for five years and he didn't know that I wanted a perm. I sat there not wanting to correct him. I probably know him for about three and the half years or thereabouts. Then it hit me, oh my goodness, this August, I'll be in HK for four years. And I've not really see moving back to Singapore on the horizon. And come to think of it, I seriously don't know when will I be moving back.

As I sat there, the nice shampoo boy who tended to me, was real nice, coming back and forth to me asking if I wanted more magazines, do I want more tea and are my ears burning? Towards the end, he told me that he feels that when someone sits in the seat in the salon, it's almost like taking a flight somewhere. He was saying that in the salon, one can only go to the toilet, drink and eat and that's almost the same as being on the plane. Oh except for inflight entertainment but I had my iphone so that almost covers my inflight entertainment. I looked at him and was kinda amazed, I've never thought of that analogy. When I pondered on it, oh mine, I could have reached Singapore with the amount of time that I sat on that seat.

Don't worry, my salon, Aveda didn't pay or give me enough of a discount to blog about them. My hair stylist gives me a regular 20 percent off but of course, I would love it if he gives me more! I must say that Aveda and Chris, my stylist is probably one of the best that I've been to so far. Best for me at this point of time because I can't or rather don't want to pay more than what I'm paying now. Chris and Sampras, my chemical technician always understand and know what I want. There has never been once, I turn around and ask them what on earth have they done with my hair. Have always been happy walking out. I remember two summers ago, I took the risk and told Chris to cut my hair short, I had rather long hair at that time. I told him that I wanted short hair, real short. He shook his head and said, no, too drastic, I took his advice and thank God, he was right. I had a nice bob. There were times that I strayed from Aveda thinking I don't want to pay that kind of money anymore, but very often, I head back to them like the prodigal daughter.....And after today, I totally understand, you pay for what you get.

Okie, that's too much of my blog of my hair. Can you tell that I love my hair? I'm now Blackilocks, you know, Goldilocks with black hair? Or maybe a Chinese gollywog?

No comments: