Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The First Date

Before I went back to Singapore, I was watching some random comedy on telly. The character in the comedy would go to the restaurant where he brought his wife to for their first date on his birthday every year. After watching it, I was quite inspired to get Babe to go to the restaurant where he brought me to for our first date.

Looking back, we had out first date probably more than 18 years ago. In Singapore's standards, it's almost a miracle that the restaurant is still there. Well, we didn't make it there as there were other places that I really wanted to have my meals at. And yes, for those who are curious, our first date was at Jack's Place at West Coast Recreation Centre. Yes, some obscure place. When I think back on our first date, I still get the warm and fuzzy feeling. I'm really grateful that after all these years, we're growing more in love with each other.

A few weeks ago, I read in some reports that divorce rates went up last year because of the financial tsunami. Obviously, those marriages could not withstand the test of money. But then again, it is through difficult times that marriages are tested and some pass with flying colours and sad to say, some fail. I'm truly thankful that through the years of marriage, we have not been presented with such difficult tests. And I pray that if we do encounter these tests, we'll pass with flying colours. Anyway, over time, I've realised that having Babe is more important than anything else!

No comments: