Saturday, February 27, 2010

Waiting For More Than A Year

Well, we've been waiting for more than a year. For some, waiting for more than a year. For some, the wait for more than a year is no biggie. But the reality for me is that, it is way too long for me.

Some time last February, we were approved to be in the pool of parents to be matched with a baby. I admit somewhere in May, we were matched with a baby, however, we did have to turn down the baby due to reasons that I'd rather not discuss. It did break my heart real bad. But it was with much prayer that I survived it. And the wait continues.

There are days that I wonder and ponder if it's time to throw in the towel. And there are days that I'm fine with it and yes, it'll be fine. Thursdays are always hard for me. Then there are days that I question myself. Maybe God knows and understands that we are not ready to be parents. Or He knows that we'll make bad parents and therefore we're not being matched. But then again, I know that God has planned that will for us. And then when I'm really about to throw in the towel, I hear a whisper encouraging me, telling me that He's in control. Be patient, and wait upon Him.

So the journey bring us here. God is in control, I'll continue planning my travels. And if the baby comes great! And praise the Lord and if not, we'll continue waiting and understanding that His will is always perfect and so is his timing. It took Babe and me 10 years to get married and maybe, it's going to take us 10 years to cradle a baby in our arms.

No comments: