Monday, March 08, 2010

Extravangance

Over the last year, I've been trying to shop a little less and add more to my pathetic savings. I thought I did pretty well. Think I bought lesser clothes, bags and shoes. Even Carmen, whom I was having dinner with last Monday thought so too. And last Saturday, I was telling friends at dinner that I plan to retire in 4 years' time. And when Pauline asked what I was going to do after I retire, I told her, drive my future kids to school, to classes, cook dinner and then I stopped. And I told everyone, that I'm already bored by my stay at home mum's lifestyle! And Duke, laughed and he said, my retirement savings might disappear in like a week or month after my retirement!

I kinda thought about what they said, I thought, well, I did shop a little less. But at the same time, the things that I bought, were more expensive. Which is not good. But my savings did grow but not at the rate that I was hoping for. But at the end of the day, I realised that, money and having material stuff is not as important as being happy and having love. Babe bought me a really nice birthday present. And the bag was like close to our rent. I did feel kinda sick to know that he paid that much for a bag. To Babe, that was how he wanted to express his love to me. To me, even if he bought me a straw bag, I'll be happy as long as he loves me. And yes, Duke's statement is true too. I'll spend my retirement savings in less than four weeks! So, no retirement in 4 years. Will probably have to work for another 10 years or so....so that I'll have enough money for my shopping retirement.

So, my new resolution, to really cut down the extravagance and save more money! Yes! Save money!!!!

No comments: