Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Thoughts

I've sent Happy to her friend's place. Sat down and packed my suitcase and there's a million and one thoughts racing through my head. Won't blog about those million and one thoughts but rather will blog about the other thousand and one thoughts! Yes, if you can actually open and have a look in my brains, you'll see thoughts racing around and sometimes crashing and bouncing off each other and thus creating more thoughts!

Anyway, each time before I travel, there's always thoughts racing in my head. I'm headed to Singapore tomorrow after work. For the first time, I'll be rolling my suitcase to work. Don't have time to head back even though I live 5 minutes away. Tomorrow will be a busy day. I've got 40 kids that would be skype conferencing with 40 kids in Singapore and then a day of classes and other stuff and then, at 4.30, catch the bus to the airport to catch my flight. On Fri, I'll be meeting 40 kids and 10 teachers from work at the airport in Singapore for a school trip and then in the night will have to pop in for a wake. Will blog about that later. And I'll continue to be busy till Tuesday and then, on Thursday night, we'll be flying out to Phuket for another little honeymoon and then after Phuket back to Singapore and thereafter on the 11th, back to Hong Kong. It's going to be a good time, spending time with my family and my favouritest niece too.

Death, I think a lot about death all the time. Mum called a couple of days ago to tell me that someone we know met with an accident. This someone is kinda related to us. Although I don't know him personally, I prayed and hoped that things will turn around for him. He was involved in a hit and run accident and I just read incredibly the guy that hit him was a drunk doctor. I'm like, what part of your brain told you that it's fine to drink and drive? And gosh, he's not even a young punk! He's a sixty odd year old man! Well, mum told Babe that he passed on this morning. Not sure if this person will be headed to heaven.

And that led me to another thought.....There are people that I really love and they are still not saved. I admit that I'm not the type that shares the gospel or go all the way out to ask people that love to go to church. I'd rather live my life to be a testimony of Christ. And then that led me to another thought.....How much of my life truly shows Christ in me? Honestly, I don't know? Ask me a percentage, and I'll tell you, sometimes five percent, and then on good days, forty percent? And on really good days, sixty percent. And am I proud? No, but rather disgusted with myself.

And then my thoughts moved to happy things. I'm thinking of seeing my little JC. The little girl that has brought heaps of joy to my family. Oh, I saw little Leina for a couple of minutes on skype this morning too. It's funny how I told Eelynn, the mother of Leina, that we'll try to plan a virtual playdate with JC next week. Eelynn is my cousin that lives in San Francisco. And yes, it pains me that I can't see her daughter but well, in good time, we'll see her soon. And this evening my good friend, Sharon texted me to tell me the sex of her new baby. I'm so glad to be a part of this unborn child's life. Sharon, thanks for including me. Can't wait to see her and little Gabriel too.

Going to stop here....the more I blog, the more random thoughts come to mind. But I'll end with this. There are days that I wonder much about things, but I know one thing for sure, God has a purpose for everything. I may have lots of random thoughts, but nothing in my life is random. God has placed everything, every person and every situation in my life for a purpose. There are times that I know the purpose but there are times that I don't know. However, I know that I can lean on Him and ride out on my adventure with Him. Now, I'm going back to my million and one thoughts.


No comments: