Saturday, March 20, 2010

Of Being Busy and Thoughts

Yes, I know, it's been a long time since I've updated my blog. So last week, I was kinda down with a cold. Didn't feel like doing anything other than to vege out in front of telly. And this week, I'm back into my busy life. Errmmmm, my busy social life. One would think that I would be very free since Babe is not around half the time....But no, Mon night, Body Balance class and then dinner with Kim. Tues night, Jukari class and then dinner with Aunty Janet and her family. Wed night, yes, caught my breath, Body Combat class and home for dinner. And Thur, Body Balance class and home for dinner too. Friday, dinner with Kris. Today, chill out till evening and then dinner at Disney with my fav cousin, Lina. Tomorrow, church and thereafter dinner with Pauline. There you go, my week!

Anyway, was reading an ex-colleague's blog recently about her decision to quit her job. As I read her blog, the memories of quitting in Singapore and leaving for Hong Kong came floating back. The reality is that, I no longer have regrets or anger towards my some of my ex-colleagues but rather I do feel sorry and pity for them. I've moved on and am very happy with what I have now. And in some ways, I believe that quitting my job may have helped my marriage too. Reading her blog also made me realised that sometimes we need to be pushed to make a change and very often that change will do us good.

If truth be told, it was kinda hard at that time for me to walk away from my job and leave for another job and in a different country too. When I left, it was meant only for one contract which is 2 years. Well, the 2 years rolled and time past fast. And I signed for another contract. In about 4 months, my contract will be up and yes, what's next? Next, I think if it God's will, I'll probably stay for another contract and then.....I don't know. I no longer can plan and tell what's going to happen. But I like the roller coaster ride!

Since Babe's away quite a fair bit and I've been living like a single person again. It's been a long while. Sure, it's nice to be able to go to the gym and have dinners with my girlfriends. And yes, I can stay up all night watching telly and cook whatever I like for dinner without having to think of the other person. However, there's a big BUT, I miss him quite a bit. I miss having him around. Miss having to share silly jokes that only we both can understand. And miss having deciding what we should have for dinner and I miss catching movies with him too. But in like 5 days' time, I'll be able to see Babe! Can't wait! And yes, we're going to be in Phuket too!! Whoopppeeee!!!!!

No comments: