Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Infidelity

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days. It started with Tiger Woods' affairs, followed by Jack Neo's affair and then Sandra Bollocks' husband cheating. It got me thinking a little. Then last Saturday, I saw my ex-student's parents. I was told by someone that the husband left the wife for someone a while ago and when I saw them, they were obviously back together and they seemed quite happy together.

I've got my line drawn very straight about infidelity. I told Babe before we got married that if he ever cheated or even if it was a one night stand, I don't ever want to know because if I ever knew it, I would leave him. I would leave because I know that I would never be able to forgive him. If you know Babe well, you'll understand why I made that statement. Babe is not the sort that would actually chat a woman up and let alone cheat. And therefore if he did cheat, she must have meant something to her. But having written all these, sometimes I wonder when push comes to shove, what would I actually do? The truth is that, I don't know. Would I walk away from my marriage knowing that what the man did was in a moment of folly? Or find it in my heart to forgive him and work it through? I don't know....Really, don't know.

Don't be alarmed, no one is cheating in our marriage. Guess sometimes things that I read and see bring way too much thoughts to me.

2 comments:

[[ArsH]] said...

In the end, we are all just human. Sometimes, we're careless. "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

Having the likes of Tiger Woods and Jack Neo put under an extremely powerful spotlight and facing a huge level of humiliation doesn't necessarily illustrate a better sense of judgment on what course of action to take in case something like this happens.

Tussles within marriages are personal, and everyone is different - putting yourself in another person's shoes to decide what to do won't let you be happy in the end.

If anything, this quote still speaks for itself: "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

sunniefaith said...

Hey there!

Didnt know that you're still reading my blog. You put it right, to err is human and to forgive is divine. Beautifully put.