Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Babe's Birthday

It was Babe's birthday yesterday. I was just recalling and I think this might be the second time that I didn't spend his birthday with him in our married life. The first was when I was doing my masters in Sydney and yesterday was the second. I miss him.

Yesterday I kinda had a sign that maybe it's really time for Babe to head back. I know it might sound silly but my fridge broke down yesterday. I came home with a pack of frozen chicken wings and as I opened the freezer, I was greeted with soft soggy packs of meat and puddles of water. My heart sank. My first thought, my organic meat! Do you know how much money I've wasted? Checked the fridge, shut it and then called the repairman. He came and told me, nothing's wrong, maybe I didn't shut it properly in the morning. Fine, took what he said. This morning, woke up with this strange stench in the air, went to the freezer and opened it, sure enough, strange colour of meat.

Why didn't the fridge breakdown when Babe was around? It's things like these that I wish he's around. He deals with the repairman and people that I can't really communicate with. I know it's silly for me to rely on him for such things but I really wished he could have been at home to fix some of these stuff for me. And I wondered this morning, maybe it's God telling and prompting me that it's really time for Babe to return.

Babe, Happy Birthday! Life is sure different without having you around. I woke up this morning thinking that Babe was next to me. So I guess, it's time. Just a couple more months, we'll be in HK together again.

No comments: