Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend with Babe

Babe flew in on Thursday on afternoon. As always, it is nice to see Babe and to spend time with him. This weekend was a good reminder for us. Babe came into HK with a heavy heart. He flew in with thoughts in his head and with thoughts from God conflicting with what he wants as well. I could see his struggle but I was powerless to help him. I understand his struggles in wanting to do right by God and at the same time being a good testimony.

But I knew that God does things in His perfect timing and in His perfect ways, God works miracles. As we spent time today in church, we were strongly reminded of God's goodness and His will for us. It was nice standing in church, singing and praising God and being able to experience God's presence and sharing it with Babe. When Babe wanted to move back to Spore for work, I didn't stop him even though I wanted to and I knew that maybe that might not be God's will for us. I let Babe go knowing that God will lead him home. Some might think that it was wrong for me to let him do whatever he wanted. But I believe that it was crucial and critical for Babe to experience what he had to experience and understand what God's will is for him.

At the airport, he's decided that God is supreme. He will obey and in God's timing, he'll be back. I already miss Babe. It is comforting to know throughout my life and marriage, God is always there leading and guiding us. I'm glad that God has moved Babe even without me saying a word to Babe. Soon, Babe will be back.

No comments: