Monday, May 17, 2010

40 hours in Singapore

Last weekend I was back in Singapore for a grand total of 40 hours. I went back for a belated Mothers' Day lunch with the family and also to hang out with Babe. Babe is kinda growing through a slight rough patch now. His eye is giving him quite a bit of worries.

I realized Saturday night that I was only in Singapore for about 40 hours and I paid about HK1600 or slightly more than SIN300 for the flights. I wondered for a moment if it was worth it. And the verdict, totally worth every cent. It's hard to quantify money with time spent with family. Especially time spent with Babe. I love the short weekends that we have with each other. We seem to be more loving than before. It's hard to imagine that come this November, we'll be married for 8 years. A marriage is full of ups and downs and if I can choose again, I'll still choose Babe. Dana, my fellow sister in Christ in HK, believes that God creates a special person for everyone of us. And I totally agree with her.

Little JC and I in the restaurant. E Food and Wine Restaurant is my current favourite restaurant. It's in Dempsey. Wonderful ambience, loving surroundings and most importantly, superb service! It was my second visit there and I think when I head back the next time, I'll be back. The food is not bad there too.

Look at the happy and proud grandma. I know I'm biased, but JC is really a lovely baby to bring out. She did whinge a bit when she sat in her baby chair because it was a tad too big for her. And when she finished her lunch, she whinged again because she wanted me to carry her.

After lunch, we went shopping and we took a break at Starbucks. JC started looking at my ring. And then she looked closer and she tried to pry the diamond out. It was the same ring that when Babe showed it to her, she crawled after it, mesmerized by it. This kid has sure expensive taste! Baby girl, the ring was given by Uncle WK. It's Aunty Jasmine's super duper early 10th wedding anniversary present. I told Babe years ago that I would like a 1 carat diamond ring as a present for our wedding present and lovely Babe bought this for me for Valentine's Day this year. And it was bigger than 1 carat. Love him heaps!!!! Thanks Babe for the wonderful present!

Don't be fooled by the little girl's innocent look. She's still trying to pry the diamond off! Thank God she wasn't looking at my Tag as well!

The whole afternoon, little JC refused to be put in the pram and she refused to let anyone carry her except me. The only time she wanted her mother was when she wanted milk. She was stuck to me the whole time. My mother called the the koala! For some reason, I believe that little JC knew that I was going to be in Spore for a really short time and therefore she really wanted to spend every moment with me. She's really a lovely baby.

Little Rizq, Yati's little one. We wanted the babies to have a quick playdate in the carpark but....little Rizq was napping. He looks so so adorable!

The trip was a wonderful trip. Enjoyed every moment of it. So glad to spend time with Babe. He'll be here in about 8 days'. Can't wait to see him again!

No comments: