Sunday, May 09, 2010

Living Alone

When I was doing my undergrad and postgrad, I'd rather pay twice the rent, starve myself, shop less and do whatever it takes to live alone. I lived with people before, friends and strangers, but I never liked it. I hated making small talk with people when I come home or have to deal with anyone other than me. I know I'm selfish. Yes, very selfish. The only people that I can and could live with are my family. Maybe Eve or a handful of friends.

However, there were times that I didn't wish that I lived alone. One of those times was when I was doing my masters. The water tank above my apartment broke and the water was dripping into my apartment and it was like 2 or 3 in the morning when this happened. It was frustrating, my tiny studio was almost flooded. But thank God, I had a wonderful landlord and she fixed everything up. But at that time, it was frustrating because I didn't really have anyone at home to help me deal with the mini drama.

So last Tuesday, something like that happened. After work, I came home to a broken fridge. Got in touch with my landlord and he's trying to get a new fridge for me this weekend. Have been eating takeaway loads. Last night, he emailed me about the delivery of the fridge. Well, the tiny little island that I live on, only allows deliveries from 10 to 4 pm. And problem is that I can only be home at only 4.30. And now, I really wish that Babe is around to help me out with the situation. Oh well, this is life, isn't it?

But whatever that I'm still glad that I live alone. I really enjoy my me time heaps. And probably the only person that I really enjoy being with 24/7 is Babe. Can't wait to see him next week!

No comments: