Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Rubber

Don't worry, there's nothing R rated about this post. Just some musings that I thought was a little amusing.

So Babe arrived in HK last Tuesday night and he just left about 2 hours ago. It was nice having him here for the past 5 days. It would have been even more blissful if I didn't have to work on Friday night! But well, life is always perfect isn't it. But overall, it was a great time. And it was comforting to hear from Babe that he is still willing to head back to HK in mid Aug even though he might be headed back to HK without a job. His career does look very uncertain for him but I am glad that he understands and knows that God is calling him to head back for His purpose and in God's time, everything will fall into place.

Anyway, back to the topic of rubber. Babe and I never really had the rubber factor in our marriage. We did use it once or twice when I forgot about my pills. But for the longest time, I've been on the pill and rubber never came into the picture till Feb came and I was done with my pill and I thought that it was time to give it up and let my body return to norm. Hey, I do want to conceive someday, you know. Over CNY in Spore, Babe had to buy the rubber and over Easter it was the same. This time, it was no different. The only difference this time was that I was with him hunting for the rubber. It felt strange hunting for the rubber in the supermarket and feeling conscious asking where's the rubber in the supermarket. I was thinking, why isn't it a problem asking where the chips or even where's the pads located? But when it comes to the rubber, we suddenly turn red faced and shy. Well, we didn't ask where's the rubber. Walked a couple more rounds and then viola! It was under men's grooming. Men's grooming??? I wanted to laugh out loud! Men DO NOT use the rubber to groom!!! Or since when did men use rubber to groom???

Oh yes, conceiving. So one might wonder why do we bother with the rubber since I do want to conceive someday. Yes, and I know that I'm no spring chicken too! Well, we do feel it deep down in our hearts, souls and lives (both of us) that God is leading us to adopt first. By the way, rubber suggestion is not from me. It's from Babe. And it did come as a surprise to me too. We're praying and giving the rubber till Christmas and then adoption or no adoption, rubber will have to go.

See, told you that there's nothing R or vaguely R rated about this post.

No comments: