Saturday, September 01, 2007

Life....Bittersweet Symphony

I used to have Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve as a ringtone on my phone. Well, the last two days were bittersweet.

Last evening, we went to watch Hearty Paws, a Korean movie. Was at the cinema and we asked if there were English subtitles and were told that there were. So we went in and low and behold, no English subtitles! We sat through a Korean movie and I managed to read some, some bits of the Chinese subtitles. Dog lovers, this show is worth to watch. And have you notice that they hardly make movies about cats? Not that I'm a crybaby or a softie, but I actually teared and cried a little in the movie. What a wonderful dog. The movie was a cross between Lassie, Oliver Twist and All Dogs go to Heaven. However, like most Korean soapies, it had a sad ending.

We went to HOLF today. It was a nice experience. In my post dated Jul 22nd, I wrote about Mu Yang and that I was drawn to him. We went to HOLF and he was there today. We had wonderful news. Apparently, Mu Yang might be able to stay in HK for good and that means that he's open to been adopted here. I spoke to Sue who has been looking after him and I was told that he has been doing very well in terms with picking up English and his legs as well. He has another operation to go and he'll probably be able to walk with help from occupational therapy. We're really praying if God is leading us to him. Babe's fear is that we might not be able to provide for him as much as we like because he needs help with his legs. But we're leaving it all in God's hands. Pray for us for God's direction.

Life is bittersweet isn't it? Happy has such a wonderful life compared to Xiao Ba in Hearty Paws. Yes, I know, it's just a movie. With Mu Yang, life is so unfair that he had to go through so many operations at such a young age and also the fact that he was abandoned because he's imperfect. When I look at my life, there are times that I grumble at the slightest thing but looking at Mu Yang, I wonder, what right do I have to complain now? God has been good to me and He's still and always will be good to us! Praise the Lord!

No comments: