Monday, September 24, 2007

Bittersweet Weekend

I had a bittersweet weekend. Let's talk about sweet first. We always start with pleasant, sweet, , positive, nice stuff before going into bitter, shit, crap or negative stuff.

Iris Chiew, was in town and she still is. Think she's catching the plane at 8. I've known Iris forever from church. Have to mention that she's one of the sweetest persons in church. Very nice person. Spend Saturday morning with part of the afternoon with her and then we had dinner last night as well. I shared with her our desire to adopt and it was a nice surprise that she was very supportive. She was very excited as well. We talked about it at lengths and she told me that she'll pray for us. Had a wonderful time with her and her friend. And wow, Iris, she does know where to eat in HK. She brought us to this pretty yummy restaurant. They had really good desserts.

We went to HOLF in the afternoon on Saturday. It's always nice to get there to spend time with the kids. I asked Sue about Muyang and how's things with him. She gave me the news that Christian Action or the hospital may not want to put Muyang in leg braces but rather they're going to put him in a wheel chair. That broke my heart straightaway. I was indignant at that thought. To me it was like everyone has decided to give up on him. Sue shared the same sentiments as me. It was hard for us to understand why. Sue mentioned that it might be the issue of funds that Christian Action is dealing with. I told Sue that if it's the issue of funds, let us know and we'll try to raise the money for him. I felt rather terrible and upset about the situation. To me, it's like taking away the chance of walking from the little boy. But then again, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and who am I to judge Christian Action. It might be in the situation that they have other needs to fulfill and that Muyang had the chance of getting himself fixed. There are other or many reasons that I do not know. Or maybe the doctors felt that there's no way Muyang can ever walk. I don't know.

Anyway, do pray for him. Sue will let me know how things go with Muyang. By God's grace and will, my prayer is that Muyang will be mobile in time to come.

No comments: