Monday, November 12, 2007

Learning to Let Go

Letting go has never been a forte of mine. I actually suck at letting go. I hate letting go of my clothes, bags, shoes and my material stuff. I've got loads of things at home. I hate letting go of my material stuff and it's even harder to let go of emotions. Recently, I've been pondering over a number of things. Friendships is one of them. Over the years, I've accumulated friends. I've been thinking maybe it is time to declutter my friendship wardrobe. If there's such a thing.

Friendship wardrobe is like a clothes wardrobe. There's always a comfort piece of clothing that is always there for me and is my comfort when I feel fat and the moment I put on that piece of clothing, I feel great instantly. So that's liken to my comfort and favourite friend. That's probably Babe or Eve. Whenever I feel shit, they are there for me.

And then there is the pretty elegant dress that I wear once in a while. When I'm fat, it points out my flaws and not accept it, and when I lose weight, it makes me look great. This is the superficial friend that I've accumulated. Met plenty of these people in my life. Whenever I declutter my wardrobe, that sort of dresses always go out first and that's the same with my friendship wardrobe now. Why keep them in my wardrobe, they are just taking up space and my time? Have better things to do with that space and time.

So, this is what I've resolved to do. Declutter! I'm going only to make time for people that I deem is worth my friendship wardrobe. People who are superficial and not worth, well, sorry buddies, I've got better things to do. I'd rather spend time with my family than to ask them out for dinner, makes me feel stupid always trying to fit them into my life when clearly they have no time to fit me into their lives! This is even more so now that I've realised like what some of my friends mentioned, I've wasted time on people that clearly didn't deserve my time. And most of my friends, yes, you are in my friendship wardrobe! I love you and you know who you are!

No comments: