Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend in Singapore

Had an absolutely fabulous, wonderful, great, superb and everything nice weekend in Spore. Attended Sharon's wedding. She's a great friend. She was probably my best friend while I was working in Woodlands Primary School. Sharon, I have to say, is the opposite of me. She's calm, collected, patient, cool headed, everything that's opposite of me. When I used to work with her, she calms me down and reminds me to reflect before shooting off my mouth. She was almost my rock that pulls me back to earth! When I left Woodlands, she was the person that I missed most. When Sharon met Kenneth, I was overjoyed. I was so glad that Kenneth met someone that just as nice as her. Seriously, Sharon has no mean bone in her, don't think she'll even kill an ant! That's why, she's the opposite of me.

When Sharon broke the news to me that she was getting married. I was beyond being elated! To me, come snow, hail, typhoon, cyclone or whatever, I'll make sure that I'll be there. But as time came close to her wedding, things started happening but well, God made sure things will turn out well that I'll be at her wedding. Praise God!

Sharon getting ready. On Friday before I left Hong Kong, Sharon reminded me not to be late. When I arrived in Spore, I had supper with Lina and when I got to the hotel room, I was excited that I couldn't sleep and at the same time, I was worried that I might oversleep. Anyway, I woke up before the alarm rang and made it early, way before the appointed time.

Kenneth, the dashing groom arrived right on time. Isn't he handsome? Kenneth unveiling Sharon.

Small Faith meets Big Faith. This is Faith, Sharon's twin sister, Karen's baby.
Flowergirl's basket, hand bouquet and rings on the pillow.

Sharon, Kenneth and the both dads. The service was so meaningful, touching and it was absolutely wonderful. Sitting through the service reminded me so much of my wedding vows with Babe. It was a shame that Babe couldn't make it to come with me.

A reunion of ex-colleagues. This was the group that I used to hang out with. Except for Juliet, she's retired from teaching. Miss Yati, Zali and Mazzy, we used to go clubbing all the time. Had so much fun. Doreen was another teacher that I used to spend lots of time with. Two years ago, she invited me to witness her wedding too. I really miss these people that I used to work with.

Sharon had wedding dinner on Sunday night. I stayed in the suite three floors below her. I went to her suite before dinner started. Helped her get ready as well.

These are the ladies that I used to work with. Used to go clubbing with them as well. Well, we have since retired our dancing shoes. Veron and Soo Leng have kids and Jing has one on the way. I really miss these ladies.
Veron and her Ashton. Well, I guess little Ashton must really love me!

It was great catching up with everyone from WDP. It was like a reunion for some of us. Sharon, I'm so glad to have made it for your wedding and to be part of it. I couldn't ask for more. It was one of the highlights of my year. Sharon, I really enjoyed every moment of your wedding. Thanks for also making time for me despite of your busy wedding schedule. I feel really touched that you made the effort to sit down and chat with me in the midst of all the craziness. It was such a beautiful wedding! Love you, girl! Take care! And I'll see you real soon again!

No comments: