Friday, November 16, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding

There's no one at work this morning except for me and another teacher. The teachers went out for a professional development class and since it's conducted in Chinese, I get to sit at my desk and blog. Not really, I've got stuff to do but I'm just procrastinating away. Anyway, I started listening to the sound track of My Best Friend's Wedding which is actually one of my favorite CDs. Then it hit me, next Sat, another of my best friend is getting married! Sharon, I love Sharon, probably one of the sweetest person on earth.

Okay, people must be thinking, gee, how many best friends do you have? Let me count, I've got Babe, Eve, Lina, Stanley and Sharon. I know, best friend is meant to be one but I guess my ultimate best friend is Babe and then the rest of my best friends will follow. When I look at myself, I count myself fortunate that I've got quite a number of best friends. But at the same time, it can be hard not being near my best friends. I'm glad I made it to 3 of my best friends' weddings and all my best friends were at my wedding. And the only one left out, is Eve. Rain, shine, snow, hail or whatever, I'll be there for her wedding as well.

When Stanley broke news to me that he proposed to Dorcas, the first thing I said to him, please tell me way in advance when is your wedding, we want to be there. So he did and we were there. It was a little easier with Stan's wedding because I was on summer holidays. Magical is all I can say about Stan's wedding. It was the same with Sharon's wedding. When she told me that Kenneth and her are planning for their big day, I told her the same thing. With her wedding, it was a little difficult as I had to plan time off from work. Praise God everything turned out well.
I can't wait to attend her wedding. So Eve, when you get married, remember to tell me way in advance.

I love weddings. Especially my best friends' weddings. It's always comforting and nice to know that they found someone to share the rest of their lives with. Almost shed a tear at Stan's wedding but with Sharon's wedding, I'm going to be strong. Well, another interesting thing about Sharon's wedding, she's getting married a day after our wedding anniversary. With weddings, it always reminds me of my wedding vows that I took with Babe. And I can't wait to hit Spore to eat again. Yes, I miss food from home, always missing Sporean food. Can't wait to see everyone again. Will see you at Sharon's wedding. It'll be a great time catching up with ex-colleagues. And I must remember to bring my camera.

No comments: