Sunday, November 04, 2007

Friends and life in a Transient Life

Life is a transient life can be full of ups and downs or exciting if you look at it from another point of view. Everyday brings a new experience and everyday is a new day from yesterday. Gee...that sounds so cliche.

Let's talk about friendships. Friendships in a transient life is very random. One can never ever know if over dinner, lunch or coffee, that friendship can be cemented and it can last. I met Eve at uni. I would probably say that it was very random that we met. So random that I don't really know how we met and the friendship cemented over lots of dinners, lunches and coffees in uni. We used to walk out of lectures when it gotten so boring. But over time, the friendship lasted and hopefully, I'll never lose her a friend. And there's Susan, that I met at grad school, didn't think that the friendship will last but it did.

In Hong Kong, it's the same. But like what Marina says, sometimes we spent time getting to know the wrong people and then we realise that damn.....a year wasted on that person....what a bloody waste! And Carmen also mentioned that in a transient life, we make friends and expect to have an express friendship building. Friendships that take 5 years to build up, we expect to build it in 3 months. I always have problems with making friends. I always see the niceness of everyone and Babe calls me a naive person and when the friends do not turn out what I expect, my heart gets broken. But does that stop me from making friends? No, it doesn't. To me, it's another experience for me to collect.

This weekend, we had an unexpected guest again. Kum Hoong, Babe's cousin popped by in HK again. We had dinners with him. Very glad that we had dinner with him. Ate way too much with him. We shared with him our intentions to adopt and he was very open and supportive about it. I am very thankful that he didn't judge or ask us why but rather accepted our decision. It's always comforting to find support in family. We are still praying for the adoption and for God's direction and guidance.

No comments: