Tuesday, June 03, 2008

At A Price

I'm feeling lots better now. Guess last week was one of those days. Have family visiting again and maybe that made quite a bit of a difference.

WK's dad's siblings were in town. We had dinner with them on Saturday. Caught up and just chatted. On Sunday, we had lunch with Kum Hoong. Nice to see him all the time. And I did some thinking and reflection over the weekend. I've come to a conclusion that in life there's a price to pay for everything. Sacrifices have to be made all the time.

Yes, working in Hong Kong gives me more money, lots more time with WK and time for myself. But at the same time, I do miss out on my family and friends. But at the same time, if I didn't take the plunge and move to HK, I know for a fact that I'll be miserable in Spore. I truly hate to admit this, but making more money makes a lot of difference. Honestly, if I didn't work in HK, I wouldn't be able to visit and spend time with Eve once a year. It's truly a blessing in that aspect.

So.....when I do the sums.....materially, emotionally, physically, HK makes more sense at this point of time. Sure, I'll still miss home and miss my family and friends at times. But, it's always only 3 and half hours away. Plus.....Babe tapao me food whenever he comes back to HK.

No comments: