Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm So Mad....So Mad!

Parents to front bail hearing over toddler twins' deaths

Two Brisbane parents charged over the death of their 18-month-old twins are due to face court for a bail hearing today. The bodies of the boy and girl were found in their Sunnybank Hills home on Monday. Their 30-year-old mother and 28-year-old father have been charged with failure to provide the necessities of life.


A court has been told the toddlers were malnourished and may have been dead for more than a week. Police say their charges could be upgraded to manslaughter or murder once post mortem examinations are complete. The twins' four siblings are in their grandmother's care.


http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/19/2279152.htm?section=australia


Twin toddlers found dead in their bedroom may have starved to death, prosecutors told an Australian court Tuesday.


Prosecutor Michelle Clarke said police officials found the bodies of an 18-month-old boy and girl in a “state of decay” and that they appeared to be malnourished, the national AAP news agency reported.


The gruesome discovery was initially made by an 11-year-old sibling who smelled something unusual in their suburban Brisbane home. The toddler’s 30-year-old mother allegedly told police she realized they had died on June 8 or 9. When asked by police how they died, the mother allegedly said, “I don’t think I fed them enough.” She added that she had been suffering from a cold at the time. One of the children weighed just 8.8 pounds, according to AAP.


The unidentified woman and her husband, 28, appeared on charges of failing to provide necessities of life after police found the bodies late Monday. According to court testimony, the children’s father told police he did not realize they had died until Monday, despite walking past their room several times since their death a week earlier


Clarke said when the bodies were discovered by one of the couple’s four other children, the child told the mother, “I know why you have been crying now.” The older children said they had rarely seen the twins, who had been kept in a front room of the house for most of their lives. The four other children are now in the care of their grandmother, AAP reported.


The couple had been enduring “significant relationship problems” and the children’s father had failed to support them, according to court testimony. Police prosecutor Sergeant Tina Green said charges would likely be upgraded when autopsy results are returned Thursday. "It's most likely they are heading towards manslaughter or murder charges," Green told the court. Magistrate Noel Nunan is holding the couple without bail until Thursday.


"The circumstance of the death of two young 18-month-old children is bizarre, given that both the parents had been in the house for approximately one week since their death,” Nunan said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368464,00.html


I have to say this. I have been seething for the last few days, ever since I read this news. I'm just so mad that I don't know what to say. Wait..This is what I want to say or yell out loud to the mother. "What the hell were you thinking? WTF is your problem? How can you have the heart to starve the children to death?"


I really hate it when parents use their children whenever they have fights. Children becomes pawns in the games that their crazy parents play. Yes, I was one of those pawns before. And I absolutely hated it. Hated it so much with a vengence! But reality is that, I had to learn to let go of my anger. And understand that it was not hard for my parents then. They were very young when they got married. I can understand a lot better if the children were yelled at, smacked or just manipulated just to get the attention. But endangering the lives of the kids to the point of death? That I don't get it. So what if the husband and wife were having issues? Ask for help? Call the Welfare Department or whatever but starving the kids? They are innocent. They never asked to be born. So why then punish them? They were already born to this world without much love and then...not given much food. Oh mine, that makes me so so mad!


Maybe close to a year ago, I had a friend that called me up when she had issues with a man that she was not married to. She had a child with this man. When I knew her, I thought they were married as she took on his surname. But as I got to know her, she told me that they were not married. Anyway, that's not the point. So they had a huge fight, she called me. I had a friend visiting but I dropped everything to see her. But I couldn't be with her that particular weekend as Babe and me were going away. So the weekend came and I did call her when I was away to ask how things were and she said it was fine. Came back to HK and she told me that her man was mad as he called the cops saying that she wanted to throw her son down and she was going to jump too. His action caused a lot of drama. She went on asking if I can imagine her doing that? And that her man was mad. I took it as it is. Didn't have a doubt of her words. But it was recently that she told me the truth. She DID threaten to throw her son down. Using a child, own flesh and blood as a bait and threat. That's low. Very low. Anyway, we're not talking to each other anymore not because of this. But rather, to me truth is very important. Anyway, that's not the main crux of this post.


I understand that couples have issues and they fight. But why use a helpless child to get what one wants. It brings me back to the book, 'The Child Called It', the mother did the same to him. She wanted the attention of her husband. But please, parents, don't do that. I've been that child before. It hurts to know that love wasn't the reason I was conceived. And it hurt even more when I was used as a pawn for thousands of reasons. But well, things have settled between my parents, I've grew my shell of defence, have Babe by my side and have the Lord that guided me through the pain. So things are much better, but it hurts and I get mad when I read news like this.

No comments: