Friday, January 15, 2010

Heaven

Last Sunday, Pastor Tim preached on heaven. It got me thinking a little. A couple of days before going to church, I read in the news about a certain CEO in Singapore dying from a liposuction surgery. Well, liposuction surgery has always been somewhere on my to do list. Yes, I'm stating this as a matter of fact. But after Sunday's message, I'm thinking twice about it. Well, honestly, it's not dying in the liposuction surgery that bothers me. But rather dying and then standing in front of God and shuffling my feet, saying, hmmmm, ummmmm, I kinda died and got here because of a liposuction surgery that went wrong. So guess I've to rethink the liposuction surgery. For now, gym will work! If and when I get to heaven, I want to be able hold up my head high and tell God that I've lived life for Him.

At the end of the service, Pastor Tobin brought up that a family is like a little heaven or a taste of heaven on earth. That also got me thinking too. Sure, I don't want my family to be hell on earth but rather heaven on earth. I want Babe and my future kids to love coming home and be together as a family and have a taste of heaven on earth. Thank God, there are loads of times that I do see that little glimpse of heaven in our family and there are also times that it seems like it's a little hell. But being in church that morning, gave me a big reminder of what's heaven on earth is like.


No comments: