Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Life So Far

Today's the last day of January and well, I've been thinking about my life so far. Yes, I know, this should be written at the end of 2009 and not now. But then again, I'm not one that follow the norm.

Anyway, as I sat on the bus on the way home after sending Babe off at the airport, I pondered and thought of my life. As I pondered, reflected and thought of my life, I realized that God had, has and is still doing wonders in my life. So many things have happened in my life and when I sat on the bus, I was in awe and in amazement of how much God had and is still carrying me through all these obstacles that I've been and am still going through. Two things really stood out while I sat on the bus.

The first thing, Babe. Yes Babe, the reality is that I never expected and would in my wildest dreams expect to be married to Babe. I may have written this before and I'll write it again. When I met Babe when I was 15 in church, I was gobsmacked, flabberghasted and had the biggest crush on him. It was love at first sight for me! But can't say the same for him towards me! Every Saturday, I would go to Youth Fellowship and hope and wish that Babe would turn up. And the interesting thing was that when I was 17, Babe called me at home and started chatting with me. Yes, let's just say that the rest is history. At 15, I never would never be expected that I'll be married to him. And now, as we lead our married lives, it can be difficult at times but every moment of it is worthwhile and sweet. Some of you might know that Babe and me are leading a commuting marriage. Of course, it's not the best option, however, we believe that God has a purpose and reason for everything. At the same time, we know that whatever that happens, we have to remember that God leads us and never us leading Him. We are praying everyday for God's direction and it's a constant reminder for us that God is in control of our lives and not us.

And next thing that really struck me was where God has led me to. Like I wrote before, I never expected to be living in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is probably one of the last places that I thought that I would be living in. But God has led me and Babe to a place that shook our faith in some ways and learning to rely on God. Before Babe left this evening, we had a conversation. I said to him that I believe that God had sent us to Hong Kong for a purpose and reason. And I went on saying that if we stayed in Singapore, our faith in God would be stagnant, our lives would be mundane, and basically our lives would be the same and not really change. It was then, that it has reaffirmed my belief that yes, God brought us on this journey to really experience Him in ways that we've never really expected. In Singapore, we never really cared about going to join a bible study or a care group. We were just pew warmers. Just going to church for the sake of going and then be more interested in saying hi to friends. But in Hong Kong, I totally look forward to care group. Love going to church and now, I'm kinda torn between two churches, still trying to figure out trying which one to go. And I still don't have more than 20 friends in either one of the churches. But importantly, I've learnt it is so crucial to worship God with the right heart and sing, clap and dance away. I must admit and confess and repent that I used to think that it's strange to have a band, have drums, dance and sway while singing praises to God. But now, having gone to visit different churches, I admit that I'm wrong. And I'm sorry. God has led us to two wonderful churches and these two churches, have been instrumental in our spiritual growth. God in His ways, sent people, real random people so I thought at that point of time, to invite us to church and to care group. And it was over time, that I realized that each time we run into the Hudd family on the ferry, God had a purpose. And it is through them we started to attend a care group. And through them, we met other Christians and wonderful to know that from not knowing anyone from God's family to now, having a wonderful care group that prays for us. And also God bringing a sister in Christ to me too. Dana is my prayer warrior. It is so comforting to know that God has brought so many brothers and sisters to me. And God is still leading and I am still wanting to grow and learn more from Him.

And that's my life so far. Well, not just, and I'm still counting my blessings everyday. I know that God will never fail us and whatever and wherever He leads us, we know that He's in control and I know sometimes, it's hard but I do love this adventure and journey that God is leading us on. And I say that with all my heart, PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: