Monday, October 01, 2007

Window Shopping Online

We were out today when Marina called. She was telling me that she met a net who adopted and this friend told her we might be expecting a baby in like 6 months' time. Marina mentioned that we do need to start getting ready. So started thinking about it and then...it hit me. I need to get ready! I really need to get ready! Which means I need to start shopping for the kid. Shopping!!! Ya!!! My favouritest thing to do on earth! But hang on....No space in our tiny apartment and shopping now....too soon. What do I need? What do I want? What to buy? What to buy?

And then the internet came to the rescue. I started surfing and looking around for more stuff. And lo and behold, babies are not cheap you know? There's so many things to buy for the kid without even knowing his or her age, gender or anything. Did you know that there's heaps of generic stuff to buy for the kid? Loads to buy!!! But hang on, I'm going to be good. I'll continue window shopping online until we attend the final workshop in Feb. And then let the shopping begin!

4 comments:

The Quasimother said...

Faith... take it easy hey! First, age of baby must be ascertained ah! Otherwise, all the money you spend will go to pot. Relax.... Feb plus a couple of months is a long way off...! Plenty of time... and I know you... I'm sure all your needs can be accomplished in a weekend. Don't worry... got lots of help from us once it happens ;-)

sunniefaith said...

Marina,

You know me right? Me loves shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hiya

I stumbled onto this while trying to research on potty training for my little gal :)

Might be useful to have a shopping list...

http://www.parents.com/parents/story.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/ab/story/data/adoptiveparentsshoppingchecklist_05062003.xml

Sorry somehow the url link didnt work.. cut and paste ok?

Cheers

sunniefaith said...

Amy,

Thanks! You'll probably know by now, I'm pretty clueless in knowing what are the essentials to get. I probably only get the cute and impractical stuff!