Monday, November 06, 2006

Life Part 2

I didn't really intend to have a part 2 on life....But well, world news....Last night, I was watching news and Saddam is sentenced to death. And this was the conversation that WK and me had.

WK: That bastard doesn't deserve death.
Me: Why not? He took so many lives and he was a tyrant.
WK: Well, I mean that death is too easy for him, he should have life imprisonment.
Me: Death is better, he'll go right to hell.
WK: That's what I mean....Let him rot in prison for the rest of his life and then when he dies, he'll go to hell.

Hmm...that was a good idea. Well, to me, it has always been, well, he deserves death, hang him and rot him to death....Easy way out.

Today, on news, Ram Tiwary, the guy that murdered his 2 flatmates in Sydney got life imprisonment without parole. (Err....this is one of the reasons why I rather starve and live alone....I might drive someone mad enough to kill me!) Life imprisonment without parole, that basically gives him no hope.

Well, between Saddam and Ram, I think Saddam got the easier way out. I agree with WK on that. Having said that, I truly wonder what pushes a person to take another person's life, sorry, not just one life, rather more than one life....And is it right to take away the life of the murderer as well. Is life that cheap?

I remember when I was in Sydney, there was this Sporean couple who decided to poison their kids and take their own lives. But plans went awry and after they poisoned their kids' they panick and sent the kids to hospital. My initial thought was...gee...kill yourselves and leave the kids' alone and what rights do you have to take your kids' lives too? It was later that it sank in that maybe, parents were worried for their kids after they take their lives.

I know this sounds harsh, but I truly do not have respect for people who take their own lives. I mean isn't it an easy way out of life and then leave loved ones to clean up? But then again, I know what it is like to want to end it all. Don't worry, I'm not in depression. But I've had suicidal thoughts and it comes and goes all the time, especially when things get tough...I wish I can go home to the Lord. But no, I'll be strong and fight it and treasure my life.

No comments: