Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend in Singapore

Back in Hong Kong now. Had a good weekend in Singapore. It was like a whirlwind trip.

Fri nite
10.30 pm - touched down, met Stanley

Sat
8 am - Breakfast with Aunty Sue
10.30 - Eve called from San Diego
11- 2.30 pm - Ex-colleagues came over for lunch
4.30 - 5.30 - Tea with Pat
7- 8.30 - Dinner with family
9.30 - 10.15 - Sent WK's aunties to the airport
10.30 - 11.30 - Met up with Angie, Ariel and Wan Ling at Scouts camp

Sun
9- 10.30 - church
11.30- 1.30 - Lunch with WK, Mum, Joanne, Joe and Stephen
1.45- 2.30 - airport

My weekend, met and touch base with most of the people that I miss. Even touched base with Eve. It was nice of her to call. Such a waste that I missed Monster, she was away for the weekend.

Was at church and was listening to Pastor's message and he said something that struck me. He was telling an analogy of how some people view their jobs. Here is his analogy.

Three men were building a cathedral. The first man that was asked what he was doing, his reply was, he was laying bricks on top of each other. The next man was asked what he was doing, his reply was, he was building a wall. The third man was asked what he was doing, and he reply was, he was building a cathedral. 3 men, 3 answers that showed their attitudes towards work.

That got me thinking about my job. Am I someone that just goes in to the class to teach English? Or am I someone that is going to make a difference to a child and nurture that child. It's something to ponder about.

No comments: