Monday, November 13, 2006

3rd Month in HK

Had dinner with the girls tonight. It was good catching up with Colleen, Michelle and Nicole and we even met Corrine in the restaurant. And if you're wondering, they're all my NET friends. Funny, thinking that when I was working in Spore, I hardly seem to have time to meet my friends for dinners, and especially on a week night. Although it did remind me of the days when I used to meet Eve for week night dinners when we were in Sydney last year.

My 3rd month in Hong Kong, is Hong Kong becoming my home? I really don't know. Was talking to Matt yesterday (one of our close friends in church) and I mentioned something like I'm going back home to Hong Kong tonight. And I caught myself saying that and Matt was laughing and smiling, so HK is now home? To be honest, I don't know. I had an issue with M1, my Spore mobile phone subscriber and well, I've terminated my line with them. I felt terrible, it seemed to me that I'm cutting off one of my links to Spore. And soon, the car will be going and that's another link gone and then maybe the flat. And then, what will Spore be to me? It was hard for me to cut off the phone line with M1 and WK couldn't really understand why. Well, maybe it's mine emotional attachment to it. Now that WK is also working in HK, I really don't see me going home that often other than for the special occasions.

Spore will always be home to me, it's why my family and friends are. But in some ways, Hong Kong is becoming like my home too. Yes, I was sad to leave Spore. But when I was on the plane, I couldn't wait to get home to Hong Kong. Not sure, if you can relate to this 'I've 2 homes' kinda thing. The last time that I had this feeling was about 10 years ago when I was doing my undergrad in Gold Coast. Maybe this time the feeling is more prevalent as WK is in HK with me and we're not really sure how long we're going to be working in Hong Kong.

No comments: