Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Life Part 3

Ha...And i wrote that I didn't plan to have a part 2 on life and now, I've a part 3....Things comes in 3s, you know? Like Lord of the Rings, you need a trilogy....

Anyway, yes, I''m blogging from work. I need to blog before I lose my train of thoughts. Blog while thoughts and notions are still fresh in my head.

Every morning, my mobile will go off around 7.15 in the morning. And I'll hit the snooze button and 5 mins later, it'll go off again and again, I'll hit the snooze button. It's like a routine or ritual that I have every morning. Actually I set my alarm earlier so that I have time to snooze. And this morning, freaking horror of horrors...In the midst of me hitting my snooze button, my brand new, swanky mobile (the reason why I'm turning broke soon) slipped through the crack between my bed and the wall. And I'm like what??? This can't be happening to me...My precious 5 mins snooze time...Shit...So I've got to get out of bed, move dressing table and then pull bed out and then retrieve my mobile. WK heard the din while he was in the bathroom and came out to see what was happening. After I got my mobile, I went right back into bed...2 more mins of snoozing. He was like....can't believe that you're crashing back into bed.....

While I was washing up and getting ready, I had time to think and reflect. What if there's a button in life and allows me to press snooze and that'll allow me to take a pause me in life to rest and snooze or like what Monster Cousie wrote, a reset button on life. Wouldn't that be great if we had those buttons in life? Yes, readers, I turning freaking philosophical again. Think it's the bloody time of the month or the deprivation of nasi lemak and chee kuah and chee cheong fun and whatever that making me philosophical....

Aren't there times in your life that you wish you had those snooze or reset buttons? I really wish I can do a snooze button in my life at times. Maybe that's why I love my snooze button every morning. I've always been working hard at something in my life and there are times that I just want to take 3 months or so from my life to pause, snooze and take stock of my life. Have you realise that when stores do their stock taking, they close the stores? Yes, sometimes I feel that I need to stop whatever that I'm doing and take stock of my life.

What about the reset button? There are times when I wish that I've a rewind button so that I can rewind the situation and re-live the situation again so that I can make a different decision. I remember feeling that way a lot when I was living in Sydney doing my Masters. I was pretty poor then and it was hard, really hard. I had to eat a huge chunk of the humble pie by working as a checkout chick at Woolies. I was so used to earning pretty decent amount of money and then I was reduced to working at Woolies and also counting my pennies and making sure that I have enough for rent and food every month. It was that times that I wish that I didn't go to Sydney to do my masters and accepted the job in HK and live it up. There were many nights that I lay in bed thinking about the reset button. But now, I'm glad that I finished my masters. It made me stronger....very much stronger and I've learnt to trust in the Almighty for providing for me. It's not easy, have to say that. Well, I'm still bloody paying my study loan now.....It won't end for another 2 or 3 years, I guess.....

I remember being asked this question, 'What is one thing in your life that you want to change?' When I was asked this question, I was feeling rather low and I was told to have a think about it before answering.....And my answer was and is still, 'Nothing'. Life is very hard, harsh, brutal, a bitch and whatever but on the other hand, life brings joy, gladness, cheerfulness and a whole bunch of positives.

No comments: