Monday, June 11, 2007

A Good Start to a Week

Don't have class this week or next week. It's exam preparation week and all the teachers are busy preparing the kids for exams. And if you didn't know this by now, exams are big both in Spore and HK and actually, exams are big in Asia. But I am happy being left alone. I've got a bit of marking to do and also a couple of reports to do.

Came to work and turned on my laptop and I've got a couple of emails from my cousins. Love my cousins! I've got to menti0n a special cousin of mine. He's been through quite a bit in life. I wouldn't say that life is not fair for him but it's just circumstances that led him to where he is now. He's always been a brother to me. And a son to my parents. My parents didn't have any son so my cousin was like one to them. It was when I was thinking about him and not sure what's been happening with him that I got an email from him. I do worry for him a little as he tends to disappear for a bit and then turn up again.

This cousin taught me a lot in life although he may not know. When he got married and subsequently got separated from his wife, he taught me love, relationship and marriage. When I got married, I was really hoping that he'll come but I understood that he had issues and could not turn up. He taught me parenting when he had his kids. He may not the best father but I know that he is trying his best. Sometimes life is not the way we want it to be.

A couple of years ago, I thought that I lost my cousin. He was in a depression and he would be locked up in his room for hours and hours. And things became worse when his dad passed on. It was very difficult for him. I used to be worried for him. I had a constant fear that he might give up on his life. Depression can be very hard. The Sim family tend to have some pretty depressed cousins as well. But the depressed cousins always make it through! So when he first sent me an email, I was beyond elation! My brother is back! Ya!

Over these few months, I'm so glad to hear from him. It's almost like my lost brother has returned. When I saw dad a few weeks ago, he asked me about him. Dad missed him. Dad actually told me to get my cousin to email or call him. Dad misses his son real bad. When he messed things up, as much as we understand, we try to be there for him. No one is perfect. Yes, no one is perfect and if God is willing to take me as I am, who are we to judge another person? My cousin, no matter what has happened, you are my brother and I love you. And that's why whenever I get an email from him, I'm happy to know that he's around and he knows that we love him.

Cousin, you know who you are. Remember, sometimes things can be hard, sometimes, we just want to give up. I've been there many times, but I do have to admit, that I don't think I've been through as much as what you have been through or are going through. But remember, we're here for you. My parents especially, they love you to the bits! And call me if you need to. We're always here. And it's always a joy to receive an email from you. It's comforting for me to know that you're doing fine despite all that you've been through. And we'll always keep you in prayers. Take care and till we meet again! Real soon, I hope!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hey Cuz, Who r u talking about in today's post? Please give me a hint. Tell me what actually happened, like what kind of messing up? Pls Jas., I promise to keep it a secret. Pls let me know, the suspence is killing me! Oh I know, maybe its not your cousin from the Sim's side of the family or else I would've known! Right? Oh come on, pls my dearest, my beloved, my sweetest cousin, pls don't leave me hanging!
Pls tell me a.s.a.p.

Thanks,

Morgan Sim



P.S. - I'm waiting! (,"o c",)

sunniefaith said...

Hey you!

Nice to know that you read my blog! I'll let you know this special cousin of mine privately!