Sunday, June 10, 2007

Letting Go

We're in the process of selling of our apartment in Singapore. Last Christmas, we sold our car. When we sold our car I felt that I was giving a part of myself away. I am a little sad of letting go of our apartment. It's our first apartment that we bought. We spent time doing it up and sure we have lots of memories and nice parties there. It does feels little strange letting go. A little reluctant too at the same time. When I think about it, it's dumb. It's just worldly possessions and we don't even live in our apartment now. Out of five years that we owned the apartment, I probably lived there for about three and the half years. It's time to let go. Plus, the market is good for us selling the apartment so might as well let it go now than to let it go later when the prices go down. Maybe in a couple of years, we might get another apartment in Spore.

When I think about it. Isn't it easier to let go of worldly possessions than to let go of emotional baggage. It's something for me to ponder about. Time to let go.....

No comments: