Monday, October 29, 2007

Sanctity of Marriage

As I blog, a friend that I've gotten to know over the time that I've been in Hong Kong is planning to leave. She's become a really good friend of mine. I've come to understand that living in Hong Kong, friends can become very transient as they come and go. This is the second friend that I've seen going.

When Michelle left, I was in a way glad for her because she was going back to her boyfriend. But this friend is a different situation. She left her job because she was unhappy and her boyfriend offered to marry her. So they got married about a month ago and I was happy for them. But things went rocky and today, she told me that she is heading home. She had enough. He was cheating on her even before they were married. Poor girl found out the hard way and I won't talk about it.

I know another girl who probably has a worse experience than her. They went through the morning church service and just before the dinner banquet, he told her to just go through the motions of things and after tonight, it'll be over. And obviously, the marriage didn't work.

When I hear of these stories, I'm thinking, where is the love and sanctity pf marriage? I don't know enough of background information to make judgements. But I know that these 2 ladies made lots of effort to try to make things work. But what's the point of only one person trying. It breaks my heart.

Hun, you take care and keep in touch. I'll visit you someday. Be strong! And love you heaps! Will miss having dinners and coffees with you.

No comments: