Sunday, March 02, 2008

Finally, I'm Settling In

As the title of the post suggests, I think, I'm finally getting settled into HK. That dawned upon me yesterday when I was at the school Sports' Day. I had to do discipline duty with a colleague that I've never worked together before and we had a great time chatting. The kids chatted with me and I actually had fun! After sports' day, I had lunch with my colleagues and it was a nice time talking and getting to know the rest of them.

After lunch, had a rest and then went to Paula's place foe dinner. It was a nice cosy get together. On the way back from dinner, I met a kid from school and his mother. We had a good time chatting. While walking home, I was thinking and I realised that, yes, I've finally settled in. I no longer feel at lost with my colleagues, especially with those that I don't work with. Parents actually bother to chat with me. And I do have some friends here as well. Life is pretty much settled to a certain extent.

This morning at church, I truly felt rejuvenated by God's presence. I feel so settled in church too. And I wonder, am I truly home now? Don't get me wrong, I've always liked HK but I've always wondered if I would feel at ease or at home. I guess, I do feel that I'm finally settled here. Well, I guess for another two years or so till God leads us somewhere else again. I'm truly learning day by day that my life is in God's control and I'm learning not to fight Him. Pastor's message today was very apt for me. To live or die is for Christ. There was a kid that mentioned in church that we do not know when will our light be blown out. Throughout the message, I pondered, my life has to be Christ driven and it is true that I don't know when will my life be blown out. And when I'm done with life, would I have led a Christ driven life? And would my friends be able to see Christ in me.

So in my settled life in HK, I'm going to try to make an effort to make my life a Christ driven life and will leave the future in His Hands.

No comments: