Monday, March 24, 2008

Time is a Hard Pressed Commodity

Had a great time in Lombok. A good time to get away from people, no phones ringing, no emails to check and simply....no one to bother us! Peace....blissful peace. We hardly ever get it these days.

Got back to Spore late on Sat night. Went to church yesterday. This trip, I didn't bother to let many people know that we're back. I guess, primarily, too little time to meet everyone that I want to meet. Sharon didn't know I was back and she texted me to wish me Happy Easter and I texted her to tell her that I'm actually in town. Caught up with her for a short time. Went to her place to watch her wedding video. It was really nice to see her glowing in wedded bliss. So happy that she found her man. And for the first time, Sharon was in the driver's seat instead of me. And she did a great job!

Met Amy today for lunch. It's always nice to see Amy. We've always this keep in touch and lost touch kinda friendship. Honestly, think it's more of me than Amy. I'm always too caught up with my life! But we always pick up where we left off. After lunch, it suddenly hit me that we're been friends more than 10 years! How time flies! She's still the same person as she's always been. Love her for being her. It's always great to meet up with her. Girl, remember to start looking around what you want me to get from States....Send me pics of those stuff, okay?

After lunch with Amy, came back to Woodlands and had coffee with Yati. I'm always touched by people who really make the time and effort despite of their tight schedule for me. Yati did just that. We spent time chatting and laughing, just like the old times. Nothing seemed to have changed. I'm very happy to see Yati in much brighter spirits and she seems a little happier. Glad to see that in her. Yati, remember don't work too hard....and come, come and see me and Happy. Stay with me. Will bring you bag shopping! You'll love it!

Each time I come back to Spore, I tend to get worried about coming back and fitting right back again. On the flight back to Spore from Lombok, I read Straits Times and something hit me and got me fretting. Apparently, youth crimes, gangs and bullying are on the rise. I worry, how is my 'to be adopted' child going to grow up? Will my child be subjected to peer influences? How about my job? Will I be willing to be paid a lot less than in HK with more than double the work load? Reality is, no point worrying. I'm learning to leave things into God's hands and that when the time comes, He will provide. Yes, I am still learning....

No comments: