Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thanks to Friends Who are Supporting Us in Our Adoption Journey

We want to shout a loud thanks to all our friends who are so supportive in our adoption journey. We've handed in our papers and the adoption department called to let us know that a couple more supporting documents are needed which we'll hand in as soon as we get a letter from them. At this point of time, we're going into the adoption issue with an open mind. If God deems that He wants to adopt a child, it'll happen. But if He thinks that it's not His will then, we'll trust Him. I have to say that after submitting the forms, I did feel great!

There's a couple of friends that we really want to thank. I want to thank Stanley for agreeing readily to being our referee. I've been friends with Stanley for probably 25 years or more. He's my best male friend. Thanks Stan! Thanks for your prayers as well. Would have loved to include my 2 other best friends but...we wouldn't. Couldn't use Monster because, she's family and Eve, I know that she's very busy with work and she's in a different time zone and it'll be hard for the adoption unit to get in contact with her.

Poh Sung is probably Babe's best friend. Babe and me decided that we'll choose one overseas referee each and he chose Poh Sung. We've known him for more 20 years. He's a very true friend. He is one of those, tell it as it is kinda person, very blunt and yet brutally truthful. We love him for this trait of his. He has been there for Babe and me.

Simon is someone that we really have to thank. Simon is our local referee and even though we've known him for about a year and half, he agreed to being our local referee without hesitation. Simon was the first friend that I met in HK. He used to work in my school and even before meeting him face to face, he was already helping in to settle to my school by giving me hints online. When I moved to HK, he's my constant coffee companion and my dinner date as well. Simon and babe get along pretty well. Well, both of them love soccer but they don't support the same teams. Simon is a Derby fan and Babe, Man U fan. Simon, thanks heaps for agreeing, we owe you a dinner and drinks.

Of course, there are others that we want to thank as well. Babe's cousin, Kum Hoong has been very supportive and encouraging. Iris, deserves special mention. I told her some of my feelings when she popped over to HK awhile ago and she was very supportive and it was nice to hear words of encouragement from her. Even though, I hardly meet Christine or have time to sit and chat with her, it was nice to meet her in church in Nov and it was very encouraging to talk to her. There are lots more that have been very supportive. We truly feel blessed by our friends in HK and some people from church. Friends in HK have readily offered help to us even though we haven't even started our home study. It's really touching to know that friends that we just got to know have already reach out their hands to us. Friends in church in HK have been really supportive as well. It is nice to know that there are a couple of families in church that have adopted kids and are always willing to lend a helping hand and provide the support. We really couldn't ask for more.

We're really leaving everything to God's hands. He'll be the one guiding us along. At this stage, we can't be more thankful and grateful for everything that He has done thus far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! And I'm so happy to know that you have so many supportive and loving friends around you. But you know what, you totally deserve it because you're such a loving, giving, caring and supportive friend yourself. Your future child will have the best family he/she could possibly wish for. All the best in your journey, my dearest Monster!

sunniefaith said...

Thanks Monster for being so so encouraging! Will keep you updated on the progress. Hopefully, in about 6 to 6 months, we'll get a kid.