Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Monster

My monster was my first best friend. She's part of my family. Well, she's my cousin. We obviously met when we were babies. Love her to bits! So why am I blogging about her today? Well, for some strange reason, I dreamt about her 2 nights in a row. I guess it must be my sub conscious telling me that I miss her, I've not been keeping touch with her and haven't seen her enough.

When I was a kid, she was my confidante. She was the person I leaned on her when I was growing up. She is probably the one person that really truly understands me and know my childhood and know why am I the way I am. She accepts the fact that I am me because of the child and teen hood that I've been through. She accepts me for me without judgement. She loves me without having me to change. She is one person that if I call her now and tell her that my life is crumbling, she'll know what to say and know what to do. For this, I love her. I guess, having a somewhat similar and yet different childhood and being in the family watching and understanding each other's nuclear family make this friendship unique and special.

For the longest time and I guess till now, I admire Monster for being brave enough to pursue her dream. She gave up her successful journalist career to pursue in what she has always wanted ever since she was a kid. She gave it up knowing that her dream may not bring in lots of bacon and ham but she didn't care. She wanted her dream even though if it just brings her bread everyday. But thankfully, so far, it has been okay. Don't think she's doing terrible. I admire her for having a dream. I don't even know what my dream is. I don't know what I truly want in life? Maybe my life is too clouded and crowded for me to want a dream or know my dream.

Anyway, Monster, this is for you. I love you heaps! Apologies for not seeing you enough. Apologies for not keeping in touch enough. But you know that I love you right? Miss ya heaps too!

No comments: