Friday, April 04, 2008

One of the Ironies in Life

Isn't it ironic that ever since we moved to Hong Kong that I've got to know Babe's family a little better. On Tuesday, we met up with Xiuli, Babe's cousin. Tonight, we had dinner with her too. Gotten to know her a lot better. I guess, the 2 times that I've met her in Hong Kong, it's probably the most that we're ever spoken.

It's the same with Babe's aunties and his other cousin, May. The time that they spent with us, I really got to know them a lot better. I guess when we were living in Spore, we were so caught up with our lives and the rat race that we never really made the time and effort to get know each other better. But now that we live in Hong Kong and Singaporeans generally like to visit Hong Kong, so we got to see them and got to know them better.

Life is full of ironies......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. Singapore has become a city that is so bustling and stressful that we have almost no time to even ourselves sometimes.

I'm glad you got to know some of your loved ones better on your visit to Honk Kong. Take care, and here's cheers from your students in Singapore!

sunniefaith said...

Hey Arshad,

So nice of you to drop by my blog! Really touching to know that my ex-students still remember me! Miss you kids!