Wednesday, February 14, 2007

6 Months in HK






Today is my 6th month in HK. How do I like it so far? I guess, I'm fine at this point of time. I like it here. In terms with work, I feel that I'm lots better off. I was talking with a few ex-colleagues and I'm glad that I left and came to HK. Work at my old workplace is no longer fun and people are working a lot harder and well, things seem to have changed there as well. And I guess that God must have planned it well for me to leave Spore.

As I approach into 6 months of being in HK. I started to think what's in store for me as well. I think too much all the time. I've got 18 months more to go on my contract and I wonder what's going to happen after that. I don't think that I'll be ready to head back to Spore after my contract. I guess money is a motivator and also the workload working for MOE does not appeal to me. But then again, it's too soon to decide.

I've been spending quite a bit of time with WK. Well, a lot more time than when we were working in Spore. I've been going to the gym as well. Actually, not as often as I would like to. So, in a way, my life now is a lot better and a lot more balanced. And money wise.....yes, I've been better at clearing my debts too. Ya!!!

In the last 6 months, I've made 2 trips back to Spore and 1 more in a couple of days. Made 2 trips to see Grandma, which i admit is not enough. I've made new friends and 1 is leaving soon as well. Made more friends from Geoexpat as well. And the pics are from tonight's ladies out from Geoexpat. So in other words, my life in HK is a lot better than in Spore.....but I guess, at this point of time, this is how I feel. But then again....things might change in 6 months' time.

No comments: